Step-by-step Registration Guide
Registration procedures for candidates
If you want to take an IELTS test you must submit an IELTS Application Form to an IELTS test centre. For a full list of IELTS test centres, please click here.
- Before you apply you should read the IELTS Information for Candidates, which your test centre will give you, or you can download from this website . Centre specific information sheets with details of available test dates and fees is available from the test centre. You also need to find out the deadline for registration specified by the test centre.
- You need some evidence of identity. This must be a passport number, or in some circumstances a national identity card number. Please confirm with your test centre which form of identification is acceptable. Candidates taking the test outside their own country must present a passport. Candidates must enter the number of their passport or identity card on the Application Form.
You should complete the Application Form and read the Terms and Conditions carefully before signing the form. You can submit the Application Form at the test centre with the test fee, two recent passport sized photographs (within last six months) and a photocopy of your passport/national identity card attached to the Application Form.
If you want to register by mail, please make sure you include all the above required documentation in your application and contact the test centre about method of payment for test fee.
- The test centre will confirm in writing details of the test day, giving time, venue and when the Speaking test is to be conducted. Please note the Speaking test can be up to 7 days before or after the test date.
- On the test day, make sure you bring the same evidence of identity as the number entered on the application form.
Contact your nearest IELTS test centre for more information.
Things to note when completing the application form
- You need to indicate on the application form which ID document (passport or national ID card) you will bring on the test date and the number of this document.
- You must provide your full name, correctly spelt, and a valid postal address. The name on your passport/national ID card should be used for registration as it will be used for issuing your IELTS Test Report Form.
- You must choose either Academic or General Training as the module of IELTS test you will take
- If you want your results to be sent by post or electronically to receiving organisations, make sure you fill in the correct contact name and address for all organisations.